Saturday, August 21, 2010

After three days of being disconnected to the outside world via internet (we don't watch TV), about five of you asked for it, and here it is. Ok, so this is why I like the idea of scrapbooking but don't do it. It takes me FOR.EV.ER. to lay it all out just the way I want it. Even then, I'm not 100%. On top of that, our Internet Service Provider went kaput. The automatic recording claimed a line had been accidentally cut (likely story), but it's also equally possible the waves were good. I mean, THREE DAYS to fix the problem? But after a year and a couple of months, we've learned not to go all 'Mainland' on people, companies and things like that where 'fast & efficient service' is expected (the kind that causes heart-attacks and road-rage, I guess). It's not everyone or everything. Just the way it can be around here. Kinda like the Bumper Sticker I see alot on cars: "Slow Down! Dis aint da Mainland!"

BTW/FYI: this was originally going to be my personal blog. However, David saw me setting it up and has decided to "make it his own" (Paula Abdul) as well. So he'll occasionally pen a Post for your reading pleasure. :) I'm happy about that. I mean, he reads over my shoulder when I'm on Facebook, tells me what I should post, but refuses to get his own account? Anyway, we've agreed that we're sorta gonna have to write retroactively here at first about our general experiences over the last year, and I've asked David to author that one. Also BTW: since we're newbies, please feel free to give us tips/advice/shortcuts on blogging in general. Thanks for the help you've given so far! ~Amy

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, and as always, with great style. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Amy and David!
    Welcome to the blogging world. I will be following you on Google Reader so I don't miss a single "episode." Your blog looks awesome, and I love the music to set the mood. You have so much to share and you write with such flair, that it's going to be a fun adventure following along with you both. I'm proud to count myself as one of your "followers."

    Love you dearly,
    Debi K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad this is up and going! i can't wait to laugh, smile, be shocked (ie..rats in dryer) and because i love you so, yes probably even cry some! I'm in for team CadyOhana blogspot!
    love,
    sister Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am VERY excited that you have started a blog! Can't wait to read all about the Cady adventures. Your blog looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete